Monday, April 4, 2011

Ellie Goulding @ The Phoenix


Ellie Goulding @ The Phoenix
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Opening group: The Knocks

___Beginning the night's festivities were The Knocks. According to NME Magazine, this New York duo is one of the "20 hottest producers in music right now". After hearing their set, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. It's been done before... I'm over it. They were like a reincarnated Chromeo without the guitar (huge element) and 10 years of knowing how to rock. Without completely trampling their set, they did get the crowd moving... Which as a headliner is all you could ask for, right? Well they did their job, I just think their music is best enjoyed via mp3.

___Now because this was an all ages event, it didn't take long for Ms. Ellie Goulding to appear on stage. Beginning her set with "Under The Sheets", fans who waited outside for more than 8 hours finally had nothing more to count down to. Her voice was stupendous, so delicate yet incredibly powerful. She also had a very sexy way of moving around, girl can really move her hips! Her cover of Elton John's "Your Song" was special, but my favourites included "The Writer" and "Lights" and "Starry Eyed". Oh, and did I mention her band was really good looking It was a fun show to watch, and I expect big things from this Brit's Critic Choice winner! I mean following acts like Florence Welch and Adele... you have to be some kind of talented, yes?

Footage of Ellie Goulding at the Phoenix taken from Madchesterstonerose.


Louder Than That asked Ellie, what is your all time favourite Record?

Ellie Goudling: Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago



Thanks Ellie for your time and a great show! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment