Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tennis

Twitter | Facebook | Myspace
[Alaina Moore and Patrick]

-American indie pop band from Denver made up of husband-and-wife duo Alaina Moore and Patrick Riley
-They met while studying philosophy in College after returning from a 7 month trip down to the Eastern Atlantic Seaboard.
-Tennis first studio album, Cape Dory is based on the couple's experiences during their sailing trip.
-The second Tennis album Young & Old was released on Fat Possum Records on February 14, 2012, produced by Patrick Carney of The Black Keys.
-Tennis, Moore's earliest singing experience was in church choirs during her youth.
-Played Lollapalooza 2011. I was there and it was just wonderful.

Songs to listen to: Origins, Cape Dory and My Better Self.


Conclusion: I'm not going to lie... I didn't fall in love with them from the very beginning. Sorta just thought they were another duo I wouldn't care about (*cough*Best Coast). Turns out a friend mentioned to me that she had been listening to them so I gave it a second listen. Tennis has such a great summer late 60's sound that I'm totally digging. Also the fact they're a husband wife duo has me wrapped with awwww... Either way, the music has me smiling and I figured it was time you took a second listen to this band if you haven't already.

5 comments:

  1. They put on a pretty great live show too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. When I saw them at Lolla, a bunch of members from other bands came by to watch. It was pretty cool to see. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please check out the session we did with them earlier this year, including a live version of "My Better Self". Patrick said he was very happy with how these videos turned out!

    http://www.laundromatinee.com/sessions/video_session_tennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thats great! Thank you for sharing! It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered these guys. Now I want to see them live!

    ReplyDelete