Friday, June 29, 2012

Star Slinger

Twitter | Facebook | SoundCloud 

-Also known as  Darren Williams
-Hip hop producer based in Manchester, UK
-Was named in the NME's Top 50 Bands of 2011
-Has provided licensed remixes for The Avalanches (forthcoming on their reissue of Since I Left You), Gold Panda amongst many others! (taken from Last FM)
-Curates his own clubnight: http://jetjam.net
-Playing Lollapalooza 2012
-Has been approached for official remix work from some of his longtime favourite bands, including Air France, Toro Y Moi, Gold Panda, Broken Social Scene, The Morning Benders, The Go! Team, Ed Sheeran, Rizzle Kicks, Foster The People, Alex Winston and Childish Gambino.

Songs to listen to: Mornin, and Dutchie Courage (Both below)


(Nicely done with this video. So sick.)



Conclusion: His remixes are cool because they're different. I'm not much of a DJ critic, but I know what I like and this guy has it going on. I also like that he's worked with Gold Panda because he's another DJ I really admire. Either way, this guy is definitely up and coming and I'm excited to see what else he has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment